After 17 non-consecutive BaconFests, we’ve decided to try out something different this year. Instead of our usual grease-bomb celebration of pigging out on pork, we will be hosting the “Dad’s Garage Big Stupid Parking Lot Carnival.”
Don’t worry, this event will look like BaconFests of the past with the same improviser-led booths, beer, and theatrical wackiness as well as some new additional fun things like a petting zoo and rides.
Why are we doing this?
- We want to focus on what we do best… transforming people through laughter. BaconFest was never about the bacon—it was about the experiences we created for our guests. Our improviser-led booths (like Wheelchair Obstacle Course, Karen’s Kompliments, Dr. Boobies MD) have always been the centerpiece of the event, and the bacon was just a snack in between the experiences. By moving away from bacon, we can focus more on the artist booths and other fun attractions like the petting zoo and rides.
- We want to be more sustainable.
- The bacon we served was not the best… to put it nicely. And sometimes we ended up with lots of food waste of uneaten bacon at the end of the day. We looked into upgrading our bacon to a more sustainable, organic option; however, we couldn’t do that without raising the ticket price for the event substantially. By stepping away from the bacon, we are making a more eco-conscious festival.
- We want a lower ticket price for the event, so more people can attend. Procuring and cooking a (literal) ton of bacon was a massive expense, and with the food waste that we always saw, we felt like we were throwing money away. By removing the bacon expense, we will be able to offer tickets at a lower price for our guests.
- We want more food options for our guests. So many people told us that they don’t eat bacon, and that was a reason they would not come to the festival. We will be bringing in more food vendors this year, so folks can choose exactly what they want to eat.
What can I expect at Dad’s Garage Big Stupid Parking Lot Carnival?
- All of your favorite boozahol selections, plus a few surprise treats from local makers.
- More food vendors selling a wide variety of treats for everyone, no matter your taste or dietary restrictions.
- All of your favorite improviser-led booths, plus more carnivalesque things like rides.
- More surprises for your enjoyment, created by our artistic ensemble.
Tickets for the Big Stupid Parking Lot Carnival are on sale NOW at http://dadsgaragecarnival.com. Get your today and join us in the fun!
Questions? Please let us know. Send an email email@example.com and we will get back to you ASAP.
—Your friends at Dad’s Garage