While every organization doesn`t rely on customer service quotes for motivation or direction, they do all strive to deliver excellent customer service…and clearly, as you can probably attest when you think about recent customer service interactions, not every organization succeeds at that lofty goal.
Hitting customer service out of the park is one of the competitive advantages any company can control and make their difference-maker.
As a company that provides improv-based corporate training workshops, we work with clients to help them deliver that exceptional CS experience (through the workshops we do with customer service teams around the Atlanta-area).
Here are a few customer service quotes that fit well with the intersection between a great customer service approach and the world of improvisation.
Customer Service Quotes
1) “When people call our call center, our reps don’t have scripts. They are just judged on whether they go above and beyond for the customer and really deliver a kind of personal service and emotional connection with our customers.”
– Tony Hsieh (Zappos CEO)
With improv there is no script – tossing out the script sets up an authentic customer service experience. When your team is comfortable thinking on their feet and reacting to the unpredictable, they can truly connect with the customer and provide that personal experience that makes a difference.
2) “Open, honest communication is the best foundation for any relationship, but remember that at the end of the day it’s not what you say or what you do, but how you make people feel that matters the most.”
– Tony Hsieh (with a significant nudge from Maya Angelou)
Active listening and responding to what you actually hear,
not just waiting your turn to say what you already have queued up, creates
interactions that are naturally open and honest. Even when you might be
disagreeing with the customer`s perspective, you can still work with them in a
way that respects their point of view, demonstrates that you`re engaged and
seeking a solution, and let`s them know you`re on their side.
This emotionally ties a customer to your company.
3) “Seek first to understand. Then to be understood.”
– Stephen Covey, Author
Again, as we go over in our workshops – listening, and then contributing and building on what’s being said changes the dynamic of a collaborative experience, which is what all customer service interactions should be. Listen first, understand what’s being said and react in the moment.
4) “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, ‘What’s in it for me?’— Brian Tracy, Author and Motivational Speaker
This quote has a much broader focus than customer service obviously, but it`s a fit. With improv, the performers are always looking for opportunities to support their fellow cast-mates; it`s integral to making it work. The same is true with great customer service. You need to be looking to be of service.
5) “Your customer doesn’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. “
– Damon Richards
Again, that whole listening and connecting thing.
To learn more about what we do here at Dad`s Garage with our corporate workshops, whether it`s customer service related, or a unique team building experience for groups, or maybe a workshop tailored to your sales team, contact Associate Artistic Director Matt Horgan at Matt@dadsgarage.com or by phone at (404) 523-3141 x 205.
And of course we love to entertain at company events as well, so hit us up if you have a fun event coming up that could use a customized improv performance – corporate special event entertainment